Guitar sounds like a flute?

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
lacatedral

Post by lacatedral » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:59 pm

Hi I was creating a score with guitar among other instruments, but it turns out it sounds like a flute (MIDI, not Sibelius Sounds or anything), then I tried adding a Sitar and has the same problem, sounds like a flute.
I tried restarting both Sibelius and the PC and still the same.
Sibelius 7/ PC / 4Gb RAM / Windows 7 Ultimate.

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2
Operating System: Windows

Post by andyg » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:15 am

Are you starting from scratch or importing a file, like a MIDI file? If the latter, then it will have sound change messages in it that will override what you manually set.

lacatedral

Post by lacatedral » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:32 am

andyg wrote:Are you starting from scratch or importing a file, like a MIDI file? If the latter, then it will have sound change messages in it that will override what you manually set.
I'm starting the score from scartch from this machine.

andyg

Post by andyg » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:56 pm

How are you adding the instruments? Each staff will control its own instruments but if you set them up properly, you'll choose the instruments as you add the staves.

Or are you trying to set the sounds up from the Mixer?

lacatedral

Post by lacatedral » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:04 am

andyg wrote:How are you adding the instruments? Each staff will control its own instruments but if you set them up properly, you'll choose the instruments as you add the staves.

Or are you trying to set the sounds up from the Mixer?
There was originally a wind instrument then I changed to "classical guitar [notation]" from the begining to i t always sounds like a guitar, however it always sounds like some kind of flute.

andyg

Post by andyg » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:28 pm

Create a new guitar staff, copy the notes from the flute staff to it and then delete the flute staff.

shooldvv4
Sibelius Version: 25v

Post by shooldvv4 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:46 am

My guitar player can play the flute...this dosent help you. .... They try and make the guitar sound like mellotron flutes using a few of their pedals. To emulate the sound of the Mellotron flutes I used the chain below: ... I used only the dry, non pitch shifted signal, filtered to create more of a flute-like wave form. The attack control removed the guitar's attack, giving the sound
seeq