How can I add a new staff in the middle of score? (image)

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
zepedreiro

Post by zepedreiro » Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:28 am

Hi, I'd like to add a new instrument in the middle of socre on Sibelius 7.5, but I don't want to CHANGE the instrument, I just want to add a new one. For exemple, in the beginning I have 2 staffs with a Tenor Solo, after the Tenor Solo I'll have Sopranos, Altos and Tenors... I've tried to create a score with Tenor Solo, Soprano, Alto and Tenor and used the function "Hide Empty Staves", but here is where the problem lives: when I hide the staves, the other staves of Soprano, Alto and Tenor are named with S., A. and T., but I'd like to appear SOPRANO, ALTO and TENOR in the first system and S., A. and T. in the following ones. Can anybody help me, please? Here in the image is more or less what I want to do. I'm from Brazil, so that the name of instruments are written in Portuguese, but I guess you can undestand. Thank you, everyone!

exaltedwombat

Post by exaltedwombat » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:17 am

You're taking the right approach, with a full complement of staves and the Hide Hidden Staves function.

You can set Instrument Names to be Full, Short or None in three places - At Start, Subsequently and At New Sections. Would a Section Break (set the barline's Section End property in the Inspector) before the first appearance of the new staves do what you want? (Check in the Appearance tab that "At New Sections" is set to "Full". That's the default setting.)

bobp

Post by bobp » Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:42 pm

My preference, as a conductor, is to have all staves show all the time. That way I always know where to find the trombone part, for example. But maybe that's just me.
Bob Porter
Sibelius 7.5, W10,i5,16 GB ram,desktop