Select and Copy ONLY Time Signatures

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
paulcristo

Post by paulcristo » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:55 pm

Hello.

I'm wondering if there's a way within a passage of music to mass select ONLY the time signatures for copying into another score.

Thank you!

Paul

bobp

Post by bobp » Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:04 pm

I think you can use a filter to select all time signatures, but I not understanding what you are trying to do. Next time I'm on my Sibelius computer, I'll try it.
Bob Porter
Sibelius 7.5, W10,i5,16 GB ram,desktop

paulcristo

Post by paulcristo » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:07 pm

Thanks for replying.

I'm bringing MIDI files into Sibelius that have multiple meter changes and pasting the notes into my pre-existing template. I don't want to copy an entire system passage from the MIDI file because that ruins formatting in my template. So, I want to copy over the time signatures before copying over the notes so everything lines up properly but I haven't been able to find a filter for only time signatures.

Let me know if you have any luck.

Thanks.

bobp

Post by bobp » Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:48 pm

Thanks. Now I'm beginning to understand what you are doing. No luck filtering, as it is not even close to what you want. But what is different about your template as opposed to the midi?
On the other hand, If you filter for, and delete, notes in the midi, that leaves time sigs. Does that help you?
Bob Porter
Sibelius 7.5, W10,i5,16 GB ram,desktop