Kontakt 5 Player with Sibelius 7.5

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
Jaffer

Post by Jaffer » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:47 pm

Does any one know of a good tutorial (youtube or manual) that takes you step by step on how to setup Kontakt 5 with Sibelious 7.5 - as a player, and how to actually use it when composing.

I have tried doing the setup myself without any real guidance, but I am unsure if what I have done is correct.

I can get some instruments to use kontakt 5 for playback via the mixer, but I am not getting the results I want, and would really like to have a proper tutorial on how to implement kontact 5.

Thanks

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2
Operating System: Windows

Post by andyg » Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:03 am

You're going to need to use Manual Soundsets, and you'll have to create these yourself. Not for the faint-hearted and I'm no expert on this aspect of Sibelius!

You might also ask this on the official Sibelius forum, where it's already been discussed.

Jaffer

Post by Jaffer » Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:37 am

Thanks for your advice andyg.

Isn't this the 'official Sibelius forum'? I thought it was! On the Avid website, it lists this forum for Sibelius questions. Can you give me the link to what you say is the correct forum.. and if you know where - to the relevant discusson?

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2
Operating System: Windows

Post by andyg » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:03 am

I wouldn't have thought that Avid would have listed THIS site, historically it was where 'owners' of cracked copies of Sibelius would ask their questions. :D

The site will not allow me to post links, so please Google sibelius chat page and you'll find it right at the top. Be sure to create a signature that includes your full system spec, including audio hardware etc as that will have a bearing.