sibelius 6 optimize staff spacing

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
jford

Post by jford » Tue May 12, 2015 4:15 pm

I am often creating vocal melody and text scores that involve a verse section and a refrain section. I like to use the "optimize staff spacing" feature to adjust the staff spacing for these scores, but I find that this function still does not leave enough space for my eye, between the bottom line of lyrics and the next system. Is it possible in Sibelius 6 to fine-tune this function and indicate how much space you want between that bottom line of lyrics and the next system? Right now I'm just dragging the systems to get a space that I find more pleasing.

J

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2
Operating System: Windows

Post by andyg » Tue May 12, 2015 7:00 pm

Yes it is definitely possible, and you should avoid dragging staves at all costs. You can choose all the parameters you mention and store them for use in future scores if you wish.

I should best advise you to read through Section 8 (page 557 onwards) of the Reference, as it's a complex subject. There's also a video blog on line where Daniel Spreadbury talks you through many aspects of format and layout. This forum won't allow me to post a direct link.

jford

Post by jford » Tue May 12, 2015 7:57 pm

Wow thanks! I have made adjustments on the "staves" page of House Style so many times before, yet somehow never noticed the section for adjusting the optimizing features. This is a big help!