Brass staccato Phrasing

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
heinerschmitz
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3
Operating System: Mac

Post by heinerschmitz » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:18 pm

Hello Everyone,
I got a small, but nethertheless annoying problem with my Sibelius playback (with Sibelius Sounds), when it comes to play staccato brass (i.e. trumpets & trombones, i do a lot of bigband stuff)... At a certain point (without changing anything or adding a midi controller entry), Sibelius begins to play these notes with max. 10% volume (sounds like ppp) :? so you won´t hear it anymore in a whole-band-situation. As said, no specific expression text or controller entry. When I reload the session or the whole Program, it plays normal staccato.Seems like a bug to me, does anybody know how to fix it ??
Working on MacBook 2,3 i5 with Sib 7.1.3.
Thanks in advance!
Heiner

bobp

Post by bobp » Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:16 pm

In the Play tab, turn off "Live Playback". If you are using "Velocities", they will be canceled, but it may help you find the problem. Sibelius is not a DAW. Yes, it has certain midi capabilities, but I wouldn't at all depend on them because this is not a playback based software. There are other ways to get good playback.
Bob Porter
Sibelius 7.5, W10,i5,16 GB ram,desktop