midi files with bars displaced 1+ beats (or fractions)

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
amc
Sibelius Version: 7.1
Operating System: Windows

Post by amc » Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:51 am

I often load Sibelius with a midi file from internet. Sometimes, the resulting Sibelius score gets "offset" in bar hits. I mean, notes and chords that should be in beat 1 are in beat 2.... These scores, more often than not, seem to be generated from a midi device in real-time, so there a lots of tuplets and combinations that made the score difficult to read (but it plays well!).

Trying to restore the score to their right "beat" (for instance, I create a bar with 1/4 time signature, and "move" the bars at right to that bar) usually fail because "tuplets cannot be split among bars" (or something like that, sorry for my music-specific words, I am Spanish and have yet to learn more precise terminology)

Is there any way to easily accomplish that? Score is more readable for me if music seats in their natural beats

A derivative and more complicated case (not so frequent, anyway) is when the score shows in a time signature far away from the right one. For instance, triplets of quarters in a rythm which actually is 4/4 (so eight quarters take two triplets plus 2/3ds of the following triple) ..

thanks
thanks