Sibelius Sounds loading veeeery slow, blocking my work

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
K8D

Post by K8D » Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:52 pm

Hello.
A few days ago something wrong happened to my Sibelius.

To begin with, I should explain that I often use Sibelius Sounds to make simulations for me and my musicians. But I cannot do ANYTHING in the program, until my Sibelius Sounds are 100% loaded. I can't write any note (then Sibelius is "not responding"); I can't even switch to General Midi (I suppose my Sib could work faster, but if I switch sounds, it plays in uneven and scrappy way).

But there was no serious problem before. I was writing a concerto for piano and strings. The sounds loaded usually for 20-30 seconds (with all the techniques and articulations I used) and after the loading I worked fast and comfortable. Three days ago the situation changed: EVERY sounds loading in this piece lasts for 30-35 minutes!!! I can't write any note until everything is loaded. As I've written before, I can't switch to General Midi before 100% loading.
Restarting application doesn't help - the sounds still load for 0,5 hour. Restarting my PC also doesn't help.
I didn't change instruments; didn;t change playback configuration; didn't install anything on my PC (I use Windows 8 )
Yesterday I made a complete disk defragmentation, but it didn't help. I cleaned the registry - still no effect. I also added Sibelius.exe as an exclusion to my AVG antivir. Didn't help.

Do you think I should restore my Win with system restoration point? I don't want to reinstall whole Sibelius. It lasts too long, and I have to write RIGHT NOW. The deadline for my composition is on Monday. I need to prepare some simulations for my conductor and musicans. Please help :(