Sibelius 8 license

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
Adrian91
Sibelius Version: 8
Operating System: Windows

Post by Adrian91 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:32 am

I know that Sibelius 8 can be used by 1 user on two computers, but if I buy a new computer is it possible to uninstall the program from one of the original computers and reinstall it on the new one?

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2
Operating System: Windows

Post by andyg » Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:09 pm

You can INSTALL Sibelius on as many computers as you like - so there's no need to uninstall. Unless you're planning to sell the old one, and put it back to 'factory fresh' settings, for example.

BUT you can only have two instances of Sibelius ACTIVATED as one time. So you install Sib on the new computer, deactivate it on the old one - you MUST do this BEFORE you uninstall it, if that's what you wish to do - and then activate it on the new computer.

If you louse things up, don't worry. Avid's support team are good at helping out in this respect (pretty crap at much else :( ). I had a hard drive die on my Macbook Pro. I installed Sib on the new Windows laptop, and asked Avid to release the activation that had been used for the Mac. Done within minutes and I was able to activate on the laptop with no problems.