Add interval command and accidentals

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
fettfri
Sibelius Version: 8
Operating System: Mac

Post by fettfri » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:02 pm

Hi!

I have a question about one feature in Sibelius using qwerty keyboard note entry. I'm using version 8. Is there a reason why adding notes with "add interval above/below" command (numbers, shift+numbers) handles accidentals differently from other note input? For example, in C major if I input three quarter notes, b flat, g, b flat I don't have to reselect flat for the second b flat. Obviously. But if I enter b flat, g and add an interval third above on g, it comes up as b natural, which I think is illogical.

Here's an example when it bothers the most. In the pictures example 1 I have this lead line. I want to write voicings below the notes. In example 2 I have the beginning and target chords written. I could easily write the remaining notes in the same voicing/positioning by selecting notes 2-5 and pressing shift+3 three times. If the song was in F major this would go just perfectly which many times is not the case. Sibelius writes all intervals according to the original key disregarding previous accidentals in the same bar. As in the example this leads to many wrong voicings and the need to hunt down several unnecessary wrong accidentals.

Does anyone know, if there's a preference setting for such, or maybe if there's a completely different kind of approach to deal with the example?

One thing I have to mention is: most of my writing I do on the go and I don't use a MIDI keyboard as a helper. I'm accustomed to get it done with just a MacBook Pro and maybe pair of headphones and like to keep it that way.

I'm sorry if some terms are incorrect. English is not my native language. Appreciate you taking the time reading this and any help and hints are greatly appreciated!
Sibeliusplää.png
Sibelius8
Sibeliusplää.png (66.06 KiB) Viewed 5277 times