Help to reproduce a special measure.

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
mosaiques

Post by mosaiques » Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:37 pm

Hi there.
I'm trying to reproduce this bar in Sibelius 8:

Taking away the whole notes, the problem is in the triplets. There is a composer's mistake (Juan José Castro) in the first rests, lower voice (left hand) should begin before the right hand. The result should be a broken octaves effect, but I can't figure out how to write the right hand, it's kinda offbeat triplet.
Some ideas?
Thanks in advance.

mosaiques

Post by mosaiques » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:27 am

Never mind.
I got a little bit confused because I don't think the composer wrote exactly what he intended rhythmically. If the final effect should sound like broken octaves, then I think it's better this way:

I hope... :roll:

stevenedis
Sibelius Version: 6.2
Operating System: Windows

Post by stevenedis » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:24 am

Hi

If you are right about the composer's intentions (and I believe you are), then his mistake is not so much with the rests but with the beaming of the first RH note (which should be a quaver/8th). And, as you say, the spacing of the notes could be more 'staggered' between the LH and RH.

But I find your solution with its 3's and 6's and ties to be too cluttered and complicated for what is essentially quite a simple pianistic effect. Instead, you can reproduce the original bar (or make a 'corrected' version) by making the whole bar, in both hands, a 12:8 tuplet (and then hiding the '12'). No ties necessary then.

Steve

mosaiques

Post by mosaiques » Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:00 pm

Thanks Steve.
I'll try you suggestion too, see what happens. :wink: