Problem with spacing of measures

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
stevewang
Sibelius Version: 8
Operating System: Mac

Post by stevewang » Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:56 pm

Dear all,

gladly joining this board. I'm experiencing a problem with fixing the format of a measure in Sibelius. Occasionally it just so happens that I have to deal with the spacing inside a measure in a meticulously accurate way until its format is fitting - especially when I use custom graphic elements.

In these situations, it proves to be quite nerve-racking if Sibelius automatically readjusts the format and spacing of the very bar as soon as I start to enter notes in another staff system below or above. It's a minor problem when the bar then expands, but a major problem in all cases where one makes use of graphic elements to a large extent and with the whole structure of these elements subsequently crumbling.

I tried to fix the problem by applying the function "fix format" in the "layout"-section of the menu bar, but apparently it's not having any influence on "freezing" the physical length of a measure, which is basically what I am looking for.

Any suggestions on how to solve my problem?

Thanks,

SW