Movement Break

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
TheBandGeek
Sibelius Version: 8.2
Operating System: Windows

Post by TheBandGeek » Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:41 pm

Hello! I'm writing a multi movement piece. :D The problem is, the first and second movement are in two different keys. When I inspect the last barline of movement 1 and hit "section end", it creates the new section of measure two then i insert the end barline. I then use the Page Break to get movement two to start on the next page. However, as soon as I insert the new key signature at measure one of movement two, the key signature appears on the page before it, after the ending barline on movement 1. :( Suggestions? :?: Thanks.

KJ_Palmer
Sibelius Version: 6.2, 7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by KJ_Palmer » Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:18 pm

What you're seeing is a cautionary key signature that Sibelius creates by default for key changes. You can hide these before creating the new key signature by ticking the Hide box under More Options in Notations > Key Signature dialogue.

You can also hide the cautionary key sigs manually with CTRL+SHIFT+H, and use Appeareance> Reset note spacing in the last bar before the key sig change, to space the bar out.

The plugin "Tidy Appended score" also does this.
Sibelius 6.2, 7.5.1, Windows 11