Combining an imported Midi file and a blank score

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
monkeymagic
Sibelius Version: 6
Operating System: Mac

Post by monkeymagic » Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:20 pm

Hi,

I have a blank orchestral score all setup and ready to go, and I have another score (an imported midi file from Logic) to orchestrate into it.

I want to copy the STAVES (not just the notes) into the blank score, ready to gradually orchestrate into the blank score.

I know I can copy the notes, but is there a way to import the instruments/staves as well?

Currently I have to either a) create new instruments in the blank score, move them to the bottom of the score, rename the instruments and then copy the notes across from the imported midi file or b) start with the midi score and create new instruments as per my blank template score, renaming instruments etc.

Both are time consuming and this is a process I'll need to repeat often.

What's the most efficient way of doing this? I'm on Sibelius 6.

Thanks

Jamie

bobp

Post by bobp » Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:04 pm

Sounds like you are composing in Logic and then trying to create a score in Sibelius. There just isn't an easy way to do this. It seems to me that if you know you will need a score, you would compose in Sibelius, import into Logic to see if it is the way you want, then make changes in Sibelius.
Bob Porter
Sibelius 7.5, W10,i5,16 GB ram,desktop