How to add notation in addition to tablature.

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
ethorf
Sibelius Version: 6
Operating System: Mac

Post by ethorf » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:30 pm

Hey All, So basically what i want to accomplish is to have guitar that is most of the time notated in tablature with the rhythms on top, then on occasional chunks of the song have a chord listed above the staff and notated with rhythm slashes or just standard notation (not to specify the notes of the chord, just the rhythm). I've tried simply leaving the bar blank and trying to insert symbols, but there is no symbol for a beamed or dotted eighth note, I've also tried using the notes available under the insert Technique option, that works a little better but still there is no option for a dotted eighth note, ideally i would be able to switch the guitar to notation for a portion of the bar, but this looks extremely unsightly when executed. Let me know what I should do!

hartt007

Post by hartt007 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:01 pm

Just use an instrument change (ctrl,shift,alt,I) to guitar (notation) for the bits you need, and hide the text that appears telling the player to switch instruments.