Percussion sticking text for use above notes?

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
appreciatethehelp
Sibelius Version: 6.1.0
Operating System: Mac

Post by appreciatethehelp » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:20 am

Hey people. I have been trying to make a "percussion stickings" text for use above the notes on the stave instead of below (which is where they appear by default).

I have tried creating a new text style based on the percussion stickings text already available is Sibelius but can't seem to figure out how to achieve this. I have tried editing the vertical position of the new text style but can't get it to go above the notes rather than below.

So I tried creating a new text style based on the Comments text already available is Sibelius. The comments text appears above the note to which it is attached, so that's a good start.
However It appears too high above the notes for the purpose I want to use it for.
So I tried editing it's vertical position, but encountered the same problem as with the "percussion stickings" text- I can't figure out how to change it's vertical position other than snap to top or bottom of page which isn't what I want it to do.

So currently I am having to insert percussion stickings text below the notes (as usual) using Sibelius' standard percussion stickings text then use the advanced filter to select all the percussion sticking text, then manually drag all the text above the notes.

I am doing a lot of drum parts and this is proving to be a real pain in the A@#!

Perhaps I should make a new text style for my purposes based on a different text style than "percussion stickings"?
Perhaps this new text style would allow the right options for customizing the text's height?
If so, could anyone recommend an appropriate text style?

Cheers.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-01-04 at 6.12.14 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2017-01-04 at 6.12.14 PM.jpg (191.45 KiB) Viewed 2641 times
Last edited by appreciatethehelp on Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stevenedis
Sibelius Version: 6.2
Operating System: Windows

Post by stevenedis » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:21 pm

You need to adjust the values in Default Positions.
See attachment
I've never understood why you can't get here from Edit Text Style, but there you go.
Steve
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (171.49 KiB) Viewed 2624 times