Automation/batch question

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
esemar
Sibelius Version: 8
Operating System: Windows

Post by esemar » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:05 pm

Here's what I'm doing, it's taking a lot of time:

1. Create a chart in concert key and export to pdf and png
2. Transpose chart into a different key and export pdf and png - do this for two keys and one clef change

I have hundreds of tunes I need to do. Can anyone think of a good way to automate this? I know there's a plugin that will transpose all the sibelius files in a directory, but I do not want a bunch of transposed sibelius files, just want transposed exports because I might need to edit the "master" file and don't want to have to duplicate my edits in several transposed files.

Any ideas other than doing it all by hand like I'm doing already?

I'm only up to number 15 but already have to change something globally which is going to take a chunk of time.

Another thought I have is I'm wondering if there is a way to export each page of a sibelius file into png and pdf? Right now I'm only finding ways to export parts, but I this doesn't work for me because the layout I want is sometimes broken during part extraction.

Thanks for any suggestions!

esemar
Sibelius Version: 8
Operating System: Windows

Post by esemar » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:54 pm

No need to answer this, I figured out how to utilize the "parts" features to make this easier. I wish that the png export had the same options as the pdf export as far as creating image files for all parts rather than having to do it one at a time. If you have any ideas about how to automate this I'm all ears!