Cut-away bars - bar number disappears

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
Lisovvski
Sibelius Version: 7.5
Operating System: Mac

Post by Lisovvski » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:43 pm

As in the subject. To start a solo part from the middle of staff I am using known procedure: Change - Hidden Instrument etc. It works pretty well until i want to clean it completely from the beginning of the system - the bar number disappears. Tried to change position of the bar numbers, then adjust. Didn't work, the bar number disappears.
Thanks for any help. Jpegs attached.
Attachments
asdf.jpg
asdf.jpg (71.5 KiB) Viewed 3917 times

bobp

Post by bobp » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:23 am

This is my own personal preference, but as a conductor, I don't like to see lines come in and out of a score. It might save space, but it is hard to find things, sometimes.
Bob Porter
Sibelius 7.5, W10,i5,16 GB ram,desktop

Lisovvski
Sibelius Version: 7.5
Operating System: Mac

Post by Lisovvski » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:00 am

bobp wrote:This is my own personal preference, but as a conductor, I don't like to see lines come in and out of a score. It might save space, but it is hard to find things, sometimes.
Thanks for the opinion that i agree with. I don't optimize my scores. That's the only case and since there's no solo staff the system before, somehow i'd see that more confusing with no optical indication at all, that might pick the attention of the conductor. It'd look just as the same distribution of instruments as it was right before, don't you think? However, i haven't found any solution for that so finally i combined smth on the PDF level..
Attachments
igyuftd.jpg
igyuftd.jpg (130.83 KiB) Viewed 3909 times

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by MikeLyons » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:13 am

Would it not be better to use an ossia staff for these solo passages? (Home->Ossia staff->above).

If you know how long the solo passages are, using add ossia above would sort out your problem. I know creating multiple ossias is a pain, but the shipping plugin Home->Plugins->Other->Consoidate Ossia Staves can sort this out in one go. It's certainly less fiddly than the method youdescribe.
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2023.6, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 3.3.2, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk