Help with Drumset Notation

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
tplambdin
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3
Operating System: Windows

Post by tplambdin » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:45 pm

I have a few drumset scores in which the cymbals were entered in Voice 1 and the drums entered in Voice 2 (see Pic 1).

When I've tried the plugin Merge to Voice 1, it duplicates the notes and ties them together (see Pic 2).

If I just switch the stem directions (using select and hitting X), the stems flip, but the bars don't adjust (nor do the rests) and the score looks very confusing (see Pic 3.

I've also tried Paste into Voice but that deletes everything from Voice 1 even when the delete option is not selected in the Paste dialogue.

Is there a way to merge the 2 voices so that they both share the same bars across eight notes and all stems are up as shown in Pic 4?
Drum Issue.jpg
Drum Issue.jpg (106.33 KiB) Viewed 2695 times
Any help would be much appreciated. I'm hoping to avoid re-entering the entire drum score.

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by MikeLyons » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:58 am

If you use crotchets for the voice 2 notes, when you merge the voices, the crotchet will be made into tied quavers.
The answer is to make them into quavers and then merge. The result should be pretty much as your final pic. There will be quaver rests in voice to for you to delete, but if you select the staff and press [ctrl][shift][alt]2 and then [delete] then they are easily removed.
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2024.3.1, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 4, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk