Trill playback problem

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
altermoor
Sibelius Version: 7
Operating System: Mac

Post by altermoor » Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:43 pm

I've got a problem maybe others have encountered. Since it's only a playback issue, it's not a "deal breaker," but I'd still like to get a nice playback result if I can.

I've created trill graphics for sharp, natural, and flat trills (and they look great, I might add!). The attached example uses normal, sharp, and flat trills. I've altered the playback properties (using "Inspector") to affect the proper playback of each of these trills. And for the measures where the actual notes are written in, everything plays properly. For all the repeat bars, however, crazy things are happening...whole step trills which should be half-step, half-steps which should be whole-steps.

These all appear to happen with the line containing the divisi. I attempted to delete the lower divisi to see if that helped. It didn't.

I assure you I've done everything as it should be done, but it refuses to render properly. Is there a work-around--other than just writing out the measures completely (not using repeat bars)?

I've attempted to upload both a Sibelius file and an mp3. Both were denied. Not sure how to have anyone see what's happening...hopefully, this all makes sense.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-04-15 at 11.33.04 AM.png
Here's a cropped shot of the visual rendering.
Screen Shot 2017-04-15 at 11.33.04 AM.png (179.08 KiB) Viewed 3275 times

bobp

Post by bobp » Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:51 pm

One solution is to have two scores. One for playback ( in your case, writing out the repeated measures) and one for handing to real players (the way you have it). Perhaps not what you are after, but not unusual to have to do.
Bob Porter
Sibelius 7.5, W10,i5,16 GB ram,desktop

altermoor
Sibelius Version: 7
Operating System: Mac

Post by altermoor » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:07 am

Thanks. I'd thought about putting the played notes in a hidden staff, but that seems a little clunky too. (This is the sort of problem you'd think the software would not have in the first place.) In the end, I'm looking solutions which are elegant (and maybe even intuitive), instead of doing a full work-around. Long term, I'm trying to streamline my process so I get good playback results, and especially so I can do the absolute minimum of reformatting of parts (and still have publisher-quality parts).

I suppose you do what you have to do to get the quality of results you are looking for. In my case, I think It'll mean I don't use the repeat bars at all. And that's not the worst outcome--a lot of players don't like those anyway.