Panel Hide All

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
dagrace
Sibelius Version: 8,5
Operating System: Windows

Post by dagrace » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:27 pm

Hi. Sort of a newbie (had Sibelius 6 for years, just upgraded to 8.5). The documentation says
The Hide All button (shortcut Ctrl+Alt+X or X) at the left of the group allows you to hide
all your open tool windows simultaneously, then re-open the same set of windows later on.
I can get it to turn off panels, but it doesn't appear to turn them back on. The wording sounds like it's a toggle but it seems to only turn them off. Am I missing a key, like SHIFT + all that to turn it back on?

Also, I turn the navigator on and off a lot, but there doesn't appear to be a keybd shortcut for that. Did I miss it? Can I assign one to any menu item?

Thanks.

KJ_Palmer
Sibelius Version: 6.2, 7.5

Post by KJ_Palmer » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:48 pm

I don't have 8.5, only 7.5, but the hide/show all panels function seems to have the same implementation both versions (I've got the Sib 8 reference manual for comparison).

In 7.5 I can confirm that Ctrl+Alt+X toggles the Panels view between Hide and Show.
Also, Ctrl+Alt+N toggles the Navigator on/off, and this should also be the same in Sibelius 8.5.

Not sure how stable the latest release of Sib 8.5 is (still seems to be various issues), or if you have the latest version but if it's a known bug it should be addressed in an update, or reported to them to fix on the official Avid.com website.
Sibelius 6.2, 7.5.1, Windows 11

dagrace
Sibelius Version: 8,5

Post by dagrace » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:12 pm

Thanks for the data. Pretty strange, actually.

I verified over and over (thought I might have a flaky ctl key or something).

CTL+ALT+X turns off but not on.

Also, I finally found the keyboard shortcut saying CTL+ALT+N turns navigator panel on and off (most of the shortcuts are displayed if you hover over the button like B and K and Y and others), so I tried N and it turns the TIMELINE on and off! I hovered over the timeline button and in fact it DOES say Ctl+Alt+N. So they changed it and the not the documentation.

There are other anomalies I found in the keyboard shortcut list... different behviour than documented... but I'll have to go ack and check which ones they were.

Do Sibelius look at these boards? This is a bug. As I said, I was hacking around with 6.2 for years, but this is my first day on this forum. Guess I'm serious now! :lol:

KJ_Palmer
Sibelius Version: 6.2, 7.5

Post by KJ_Palmer » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:44 pm

It seems that Sibelius 8.5.1 is still rather buggy in the latest release, judging by comments on the 'official' forum. You can report bugs you find there, once you register.

http://www.sibelius.com/cgi-bin/helpcen ... ?groupid=3
Sibelius 6.2, 7.5.1, Windows 11