How to I access audio source

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
daves123
Sibelius Version: 8
Operating System: Windows

Post by daves123 » Mon May 15, 2017 8:56 pm

Could someone explain the pathway to using audio source lite? I have the latest version of sibilius.
I cannot find it on the menu of tools. Thank you!

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2

Post by andyg » Wed May 17, 2017 1:59 pm

You'll have to explain what you want to more more clearly. "Audio source lite" is not something that I'm familiar with. Are you talking about the 'lite' version of Sibelius Sounds, perhaps?

daves123
Sibelius Version: 8

Post by daves123 » Wed May 17, 2017 4:09 pm

Thank you for responding. I have the latest version of Sibelius. What I wish to do is use the flexi-time equivalent, but not with midi. Instead with a microphone to record. A search on the forum called this "Audio Source" (a separate program) and Sibelius has a version called audio source lite, according to posts

Maybe it is called something different now. but I wish to find out where it, or some program, that allows me to do the equivalent a flexi-time (but with a microphone on an accousitc instrument like piano) can be used. And finally how to access it from the Sibelius menu.

KJ_Palmer
Sibelius Version: 6.2, 7.5

Post by KJ_Palmer » Wed May 17, 2017 9:33 pm

Do you perhaps mean AudioScore Lite? That hasn't been provided with Sibelius since Sibelius 6, I think, and doesn't in fact seem to be available any more.

You can download a demo of the latest version of AudioScore (AudioScore Ultimate) from the Neuratron.com website. That still seems to do what you want - play/sing into a microphone, 'record' to a file and send the result to Sibelius.
Sibelius 6.2, 7.5.1, Windows 11

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2

Post by andyg » Thu May 18, 2017 8:15 am

Best of luck with this procedure, as it's very hit and miss!

If you play, say, a single note melody on a clarinet, with perfect intonation and spot on timing, you should get something reasonable as a result. If not, or if you play a polyphonic instrument, then you may well get gibberish results.