Video Export page format

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
MurrayW
Sibelius Version: 8.4
Operating System: Windows

Post by MurrayW » Fri May 26, 2017 1:41 am

Hi

I am exporting video to help choir members with their home practice. I and others find it very useful.

One issue I have is that when exporting with "Use score layout" checked, the video has a lot of blank page either side of the score. i.e. the score is in the middle 1/3 to 1/4 of the video image, and the rest is just blank. When I select Resolution = 720p, the blank sides get wider again. I think that this makes the video file size significantly larger than it has to be, which means more time up/downloading and more disc space taken up for no benefit.

("Note" :wink: I also use "Show only these staves" which fills the whole width of the video with the score)

Does anybody know if the amount of blank space either side can be minimised, and still have the video looking like the printed score?

cheers

Murray (Central Coast Chorale, Gosford, NSW, Australia)

bobp

Post by bobp » Sat May 27, 2017 8:27 pm

About the only thing you might be able to do is load the video into some video editing software and crop the video and or change the aspect ratio to 4.3. But I don't think that make the file size smaller

You could also try converting the file type using free converter software.

Video files are big by nature. The smaller they are the less clear they are.

On my system, Sibelius created a wmv file. If I change it to a 1200 kbps mp4, it cut the vile size by about a third.
Bob Porter
Sibelius 7.5, W10,i5,16 GB ram,desktop