Copying piano part to Guitar part.

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
sus4

Post by sus4 » Fri May 26, 2017 10:20 pm

When copying a piano part, (right hand only) with slash lines in the staff instead of notes and chords above the staff, to a guitar part, I get the slash lines above the staff and the chords with the fret board showing all above the staff of the guitar part. Is there a way of making the pasted part to the guitar look exactly like the piano part? Once the piano part is pasted to the guitar part I have to highlight all the fret boards one at a time and delete them. Then I have to highlight all the slash lines one at a time and delete them. This is very time consuming. It would be nice if you could highlight the first fret board then hold down the Shift key (Mac computer) and click on the last fret board which would highlight all of the fret boards then hit delete and do the same with the slash lines.
Thanks.

bobp

Post by bobp » Sat May 27, 2017 8:41 pm

Triple click the right hand of the piano part(to select it all), select Filters from the Home tab and scroll down to and select voice 1(if the right hand is all voice 1). Copy and paste to the guitar part. That should just paste the notes.
Bob Porter
Sibelius 7.5, W10,i5,16 GB ram,desktop

sus4

Post by sus4 » Sun May 28, 2017 5:51 pm

What you're suggesting will do notes but not slashes.

bobp

Post by bobp » Mon May 29, 2017 9:09 pm

What slashes do you have in a piano part?

Did you use piano to create the guitar part? Why not create a guitar notation part from the start. Unless the piano part alternates between slashes and notes? What happens if you create a guitar part first and copy that into the piano part?
Bob Porter
Sibelius 7.5, W10,i5,16 GB ram,desktop