MultiRest not combining at beginning of score

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
tmiddlet
Sibelius Version: 8.5.1
Operating System: Mac

Post by tmiddlet » Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:29 am

Hi all

I'm using 8.5.1 on Mac and have had this annoying issue which I'm sure is a bug.
I have a brass band score and many parts do not have anything for multiple bars at the beginning of the score.

Previously when I opened the parts it would show 6 bars rest (for the attached example), But I just opened the scores today and exports all parts to one file and now the rests have 1 bar and 5 bars multi rest.

I've had this issue with other scores before and had to muck about with deleting first bar and then re-creating copyright etc. But not I can't fix this.
This is extremely frustration as I've been working on this score for about 2 weeks and it now just starts happening with me just opening the score and exporting.

It makes the parts look unprofessional.
Can someone please advise?
Thanks
Tim
Attachments
multi-rest-problem.png
multi-rest-problem.png (98.93 KiB) Viewed 7266 times

KJ_Palmer
Sibelius Version: 6.2, 7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by KJ_Palmer » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:07 pm

Bugs with multirests were reported as a known issue in 8.5 .1, and have allegedly been fixed in the recent 8.6 update. Not sure if your specific problem has been tackled, but if you qualify for the free upgrade (apparently you need an active subscription and/or support plan for 8.x) it would be worthwhile installing the upgrade.
Sibelius 6.2, 7.5.1, Windows 11

tmiddlet

Post by tmiddlet » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:24 am

Thanks. I'll give it a go upgrading to 8.6, will let you know how I go.
Regards

tmiddlet

Post by tmiddlet » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:52 am

Hi I have upgrade to 8.6.1 now but am still having the issue.
Is there something I need to do to get the individual parts to revert back to using the multi-rests.
This is extremely infuriating.

bobp

Post by bobp » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:06 pm

Tim,
If you open the score in question and look at the soprano cornet part alone, what do you see? Is it correct? If so can you print just that part and have it be correct? I don't run Sibelius on a Mac so I can't suggest more.

Recreate copyright?

Let me ask you something. Are you able, in your own home or office, to compose, arrange, listen to, and then print legible music? All without the incredible expense of having a band and publisher do it? While having a single measure rest at the beginning might be a puzzle, It's seems hardly impossible to read, or be infuriating.
Bob Porter
Sibelius 7.5, W10,i5,16 GB ram,desktop

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2021.12/7.5/6.2

Post by MikeLyons » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:31 am

This kind of error can occur if a system text item is not precisely o the first beat of bar 1. We can't tell that from a picture. You'll need to check this in the score as you can't move objects' attachment point in the part.
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2023.6, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 3.3.2, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk

StevenGamble
Sibelius Version: 6.1

Post by StevenGamble » Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:03 pm

Hello Tim. I'm still using 6.1, but I would say from the looks of your example that your mm is attached to somewhere in the first bar. Move the attachment point to the left by moving the mm. You may have to reposition the mm using the x-y coordinates in the general panel to make it look how you want. Sorry if this 6.1 solution doesn't work here.