Moving staves to another page?

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
sus4

Post by sus4 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:38 am

I'm using Sibelius 7 and would like to move staves from one page to another to conserve space in parts, not the score.
I just want to shift two staves from one page to another since there already is enough room to do this. Don't know why Sibelius does this since there is plenty of room on the previous page. Looked in the manual, but couldn't really find it...probably didn't look hard enough.
Thanks.

KJ_Palmer
Sibelius Version: 6.2, 7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by KJ_Palmer » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:02 am

I think by default Sibelius tries to keep the original score layout in parts at first, then it's up to you to move things around as you like when you open up the individual parts tabs. Layout changes on these tabs wont affect the full score. If you have View > Layout marks turned on you can see where page breaks/line breaks etc. are inserted and add/remove these where you want using CTRL + Enter or Enter to toggle breaks on/off.

Hope that helps. You can find more details if you search for Parts Tabs in the manual.
Sibelius 6.2, 7.5.1, Windows 11

sus4

Post by sus4 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:51 pm

Thanks for your reply, but I'm not getting it. I went to Layout>View and Marks was turned on, but really don't understand what's going on. There must be an easy way to just grab staves from one page and drag them to another in parts. I looked in the manual at the Parts Tab and it doesn't say anything about moving staves from one page to another. I looked in the index under parts and it doesn't say anything about moving staves. I'll go back and recheck all the categories under Parts again, maybe I missed something.
Thanks.

sus4

Post by sus4 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:32 pm

I found a great link in YouTube that explains exactly what I'm talking about above. Check it out.
Sibelius 7 - Fitting Music for Print - YouTube

Iamsam
Sibelius Version: 8.4.1
Operating System: Mac

Post by Iamsam » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:50 pm

Thanks @sus4! That youtube video helped relieve my frustration and has save me tons of time!