Using "halve note input" without changing the time signature

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
jbautista83
Sibelius Version: 7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by jbautista83 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:06 pm

I am tinkering with an imported *.xml file. The piece I'm working on is supposed to be 140 bpm in 4/4 with a lot of eighth notes, but for some reason the file imports the piece as 70 bpm with a bunch of 16th notes. See picture at imgur.com/a/9sskM.

I used Note Input > Halve to transform the 16th notes into 8th notes, which works for me and is a really nice feature. However, the time signature changed from 4/4 to 4/2. Because of this, I now have 16 8th notes across one 4/2 bar throughout the piece, instead of 8 8th notes across two 4/4 bars. I hope this explanation makes sense. See picture at imgur.com/a/8Mw3S. Does anyone know how to set up "halve note values" so that the time signature remains at 4/4, and I get an appropriate measure line in the middle of the bar? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

For what it's worth, I used both options: "copy only notes" and "copy all objects in bar (except system objects)" and had the same problem.

bobp

Post by bobp » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:09 pm

There's a re-notate filter or plug in.
Other than that, importing from a midi or xml can be a crap shoot. The import is only as good as the source. I think there is an import menu that pops up. Make sure you check it.
Bob Porter
Sibelius 7.5, W10,i5,16 GB ram,desktop

KJ_Palmer
Sibelius Version: 6.2, 7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by KJ_Palmer » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:13 pm

Sorry, but don't you want to double the note values from 16th to 8th notes? In which case you could use the Plugin Copy Double Note Values and paste, without changing the time sig. You'd need to add an extra bar to fit it across two bars. Or have I misunderstood something?
Sibelius 6.2, 7.5.1, Windows 11