What file extensions does this website accept? (ANSWERED)

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
appreciatethehelp
Sibelius Version: 6.1.0
Operating System: Mac

Post by appreciatethehelp » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:54 pm

Hello all.

I tried to attach a video to help illustrate a question I was asking, and received a message saying "The extension mov is not allowed."
Which video and image file types are appropriate/small enough to upload?

Thanks.
Last edited by appreciatethehelp on Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2
Operating System: Windows

Post by andyg » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:43 pm

That's a question for Admin or moderators. Haven't seen either for years.

Try small jpg or png files. They are probably all that's allowed. If you want to have a movie clip then host elsewhere and post a link.

You do know that this is not the official Sibelius forum, don't you? The official one is pretty picky with what it allows as attachments too!

KJ_Palmer
Sibelius Version: 6.2, 7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by KJ_Palmer » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:16 pm

For video the .gif extension is allowed (but not .wmv for windows, or .mov fo mac as you've found). However as the file size for attachments is limited to 256kb this is practically useless - you might get maybe one or two bars of a score at very low res.
Sibelius 6.2, 7.5.1, Windows 11

appreciatethehelp
Sibelius Version: 6.1.0
Operating System: Mac

Post by appreciatethehelp » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:05 pm

Yeah I can't say that surprises me RE. the video file size. Was just hoping that somehow I could post a grainy enough video to get 10 seconds worth, it's just so useful being able to post a video showing a process being performed, rather than a myriad of images.

But I guess it's not really worth the hassle when, as previously suggested, I could just post a link instead and host elsewhere, affording me higher video quality too.

Thanks guys.