Exporting from Sibelius 7.5 to a Portastudio via USB

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
DonB12
Sibelius Version: 7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by DonB12 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:14 pm

Hello

I am purchasing a Tascam 8 track Portastudio [DP-03 if that helps] and I would like to know whether I can successfully import wav. files, via USB, from Sibelius 7.5. If so, how do I go about this please?

Tascam forums are only open to USA subscribers it seems. The Portastudio's manual says there is a USB port to import wav. files but I would be grateful to hear from anyone who has done this (or something similar) from Sibelius 7.5, - or had any problems or has any tips.

Thanks!

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2
Operating System: Windows

Post by andyg » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:55 pm

This is really a Tascam question. There appear to be at least a couple of Tascam forums, I can't believe that they'd restrict membership to US only - how do they know where you are unless you tell them (or have an email address that includes the country)?

You can export to wav easily from Sibelius, assuming that you are using Sibelius Sounds or another sound library (not your computer's General MIDI sounds). The wav file is then on your computer ready for import into the Tascam.

Now read pages 60 through 63 of the Tascam's manual, which takes you through the process. Should be simple enough. My Boss multitracker has an app with it that takes care of things. It looks very clunky but does the job, so who cares!