Wrap text automatically? (ANSWERED)

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
appreciatethehelp
Sibelius Version: 6.1.0
Operating System: Mac

Post by appreciatethehelp » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:43 pm

Does Sibelius have the equivalent of a "wrap text automatically" function?

Those who are familiar with Microsoft Word/ Libreoffice etc. Will know what I mean.

When typing in a score and the words reach the page margin, I want the cursor to automatically start/move to a new line beneath the current line, instead of my having to enter a line break manually (otherwise the words will run into the page margin and then off the page as I continue to type).

NOTE: The text style I am using is "Comments" text. If for some reason "Comments" text can't be set to wrap automatically, I'd be happy to use another text style….

Basically I am making some documents for my students that contain text interspersed with example notation. However, having to enter a line break in the text manually makes the task far more time-consuming.
Also if I want to change a line of text by adding/subtracting something or changing the size of the words then the whole paragraph needs to have line breaks entered in manually again!

Cheers.
Last edited by appreciatethehelp on Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

bobp

Post by bobp » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:08 am

What kind of text are you talking about?
Bob Porter
Sibelius 7.5, W10,i5,16 GB ram,desktop

appreciatethehelp

Post by appreciatethehelp » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:43 am

I am talking about "Comments" text. If for some reason "Comments" text can't be set to wrap automatically, I'd be happy to use another text style….

Basically I am making some documents for my students that contain text interspersed with example notation. However, having to enter a line break in the text manually makes the task far more time-consuming.
Also if I want to change a line of text by adding/subtracting something or changing the size of the words then the whole paragraph needs to have line breaks entered in manually again!

Cheers.

bobp

Post by bobp » Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:40 pm

I think I would do what you're doing in a Word document instead. Export your music examples as some kind of graphic (PDF maybe) individually or all at once. You can crop as needed and insert into the Word document.
Bob Porter
Sibelius 7.5, W10,i5,16 GB ram,desktop

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2
Operating System: Windows

Post by andyg » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:33 pm

I concur. I had to do loads of this for a dissertation for my last teaching diploma. A couple of the simple ones were done in Sibelius, but the vast majority were done in Word, with the musical parts imported as graphics. I forget the resolution I used but it was quite high, I think.

Bottom line is that Sibelius is hopeless as a word processor, but there again Word is no great shakes at making musical scores! Horses for courses, as they say

appreciatethehelp

Post by appreciatethehelp » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:46 pm

Thanks guys, good advice; this is much easier than trying to do everything on Sibelius.