Garritan Personal Orchestra 5 (GPO 5) in Sibelius 8 First

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
rjk2600
Sibelius Version: Ultimate
Operating System: Mac

Post by rjk2600 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:19 am

Hi Everyone,

There has been lots of discussion about using GPO 5 in Sibelius in this forum, but I can't get it to work properly.

I have the Garritan Aria Player 32 and 64-bit working fine as a stand alone and in my DAW, Mixcraft 8, but not in Sibelius First 8.

GPO 5 is set up as an available device in playback, and I have downloaded the GPO sound set from Sibelius and put the XML file in the Sibelius Sounds folder, but it will only play one instrument at a time in a score of many parts.

I assume it's a matter of assigning midi channels between the two programs, but I not sure.

Also, when I set up GPO 5 in Sibelius First, I noticed that is was not available in the 64-bit folder, and only in the 32-bit folder.

I run a Windows 10, 64-bit PC.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Rob

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2
Operating System: Windows

Post by andyg » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:57 am

Last time I looked, there is no proper soundset for GPO5. The only one out there has been put together by a member of the official Sibelius chat pages. So I'm not sure what you downloaded 'from Sibelius'.

Sib is a 64 bit app and it will therefore not work with 32 bit players and sound libraries. Again, I'm not sure if you installed things correctly.

No, you should never need to do anything with MIDI channels, never treat Sibelius like a DAW, it won't like it!

This might be better asked on the official Sibelius chat pages. There are only three of us here answering questions and if we don't know the answer, that's it!

rjk2600
Sibelius Version: Ultimate
Operating System: Mac

Post by rjk2600 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:38 am

Hi Andy,

You are right, I had to download the GPO 4 sound set, I just assumed it would work with GPO 5, but obviously not.

I have both 32 and 64-bit Sibelius apps running on my PC.

What I find odd is, I can get one instrument to work from GPO5 in Sibelius, but only one. When I select an instrument, it plays on all parts in the score. EG, select flute and it also plays in the violin part.

I will look at the official Sibelius chat page as suggested.

Cheers and thanks

Rob

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2
Operating System: Windows

Post by andyg » Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:34 pm

Details on the official forum about the latest version of the 'unofficial' GPO5 soundset - worth a look if you haven't already done so.