Reinstalled Sibelius 7, cannot open my scores

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
ihcob
Sibelius Version: 7.5.1
Operating System: Mac

Post by ihcob » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:49 pm

Hi there,

I had to reformat my harddrive, and subsequently reinstalled my boxed version of Sibelius 7.1.3, and now when I go to open my .sib files it says: This score was created with a newer version of Sibelius 7. You need to update Sibelius 7 to open it. But I don't see how this is possible? I've just reinstalled the same app. Maybe I have to download the 'online' version of 7.1.3? Any help would be appreciated!

bobp

Post by bobp » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:13 pm

This seems familiar, but I can't quit place my finger on it. If you updated anything Sibelius after the original install, that might make it a newer version. It might be worth going to the download page of your account and see what you can install. It is possible that the current download of your version might already contain any updates.
Bob Porter
Sibelius 7.5, W10,i5,16 GB ram,desktop

ihcob
Sibelius Version: 7.5.1
Operating System: Mac

Post by ihcob » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:45 pm

SOLVED! Very stupid, it turns out I had in fact purchased 7.5 (digitally!) several years ago - and I only saw this once logging into the Avid 'products' page. Thanks for the help.