Textures in 7.5 suddenly don't work

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
dannyelfman
Sibelius Version: 7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by dannyelfman » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:23 am

I was playing around with my textures the other day and all of a sudden everything went black. It happens with literally every texture I select. The only way I can use this program right now is to turn textures off and just use color, which looks really flat and is not part of the reason I payed a pretty penny for this program. Here's a picture:

I completely removed Sibelius from my computer (except for the license information) and reinstalled it. Didn't work. In fact, it remembered my settings from before (having colors selected, rather than textures). Odd. Any ideas as to what's going on?

Thanks.

bobp

Post by bobp » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:16 pm

That's because you didn't completely remove Sibelius. No software completely removes itself. If you try to uninstall Sibelius again, have your computer search itself for the word Sibelius or even just Sib. you'll be surprised how much is left. Including a file with all your preferences. You need to either figure out what you did, or don't use textures, or delete all the files you find in a search after an uninstall, including the registry (Windows).
Bob Porter
Sibelius 7.5, W10,i5,16 GB ram,desktop