piano 2-staff input

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
watdot

Post by watdot » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:53 am

I have an old version, 6.0 I think. The last time i tried to input piano music (2 staves), I had quantization troubles. I tried to set it to 8th-note as the shortest note, but Sibelius kept putting in extremely short notes whenever I played a chord. What's the easiest way to input 2-staff piano music? Do I need AudioScore Ultimate? Or do I really need to upgrade? I hope someone can help. I have many choral arrangements I'd like to add piano accompaniments for.

Thank you!

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2
Operating System: Windows

Post by andyg » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:11 am

Audioscore is for 'converting' audio into MIDI/notation, and it basically only works for simple monophonic lines, so that won't help you at all.

If you're playing things into Flexitime, then good luck to you, as there will always be tons of tidying up to do.

Can you not just input it manually - it will probably be quicker than Flexitime? But google this - taming the flexitime beast - and see if that helps you.

And no, you don't need to upgrade. Make sure you're on v 6.2, but that will do everything you need.