Problems with getting organ sounds to play back

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
Organist75
Sibelius Version: 7.5.1.
Operating System: Windows

Post by Organist75 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:14 pm

To those with knowledge of organ sounds,

I am using "Skinner" organ sounds in that they won't play back even though I have "Full Organ" over the first highlighted measure. The first measure will play, but not the rest of the measures. I think it has something to do with the Dictionary, which I don't know how to use.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Mimi
Windows 7, 8 gb, Sibelius 7.5.1

Feldspar
Sibelius Version: 8

Post by Feldspar » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:46 am

I'm not sure what skinner organ sounds are, and I don't think you would need to specify "Full Organ" in the staff text. There is no information about "Full Organ" in the pdf reference guide (which is a bad mark for Sibelius). It's Dictionary entry is cryptic.

I'd think that if you have the staff allocated to one of the organ instruments, you should be good to go. I can't see why you would need to specify "Full Organ" for any measure if you have the instrument assigned to the staff.

Not sure what else to suggest. Sorry!

Organist75
Sibelius Version: 7.5.1.

Post by Organist75 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:56 pm

Hello Feldspar,

I have the Skinner organ sounds more or less sorted out; the only thing I found questionable, is the fact that a Sibelius employee (No names to be mentioned here) would write treble/bass for the Swell manual and treble/bass for the Great manuel, plus the pedal board of course. Most organ music is not written this way; just the names of the manuals are printed above whatever manual is needed- same for the stop selection.

Thanks for your help.

Mimi
Windows 7, 8 gb, Sibelius 7.5.1

bobp

Post by bobp » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:18 pm

Hey Mimi,

This forum is not sponsored by Avid, so no worries.
I don't think the Skinner organ has a Swell manual and Great manual, if that's what you are asking. That's why the Avid guy said it the way he did. You have either treble/bass clef Swell or Great. It is a bit tricky to get different stops to sound because the commands are not the same between Swell and Great.

http://www.sibelius.com/download/docume ... index.html

This link, if it works, should help. You may already have this information.
Bob Porter
Sibelius 7.5, W10,i5,16 GB ram,desktop