Roman Numeral Chord Notation?

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
DocFox
Sibelius Version: 7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by DocFox » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:10 am

I did a search of this board, didn't really find the answer to my question (but some tangents that might be useful later).

Is there a way to have chord marking produced in Roman Numeral Style? Yes, I am a dinosaur, I learned to analysis music using such a system. Since there were some tangential remarks, there must be a way or someone has written a plug-in for it. I have been writing choral music (the least) band and brass band music and actually bought the very first version of Sibelius way back in the dark ages to help me with my teaching and church choir.

I am now working on Barbershop Music. Analyzing chords this way would be easier for me and would take less time. Of course, one of the great things about Sibelius is that it takes the chore out of notating music leaving more time for creativity. I would hope this would have the same positive effect.

I am using Sib 7.5 on Mac OS 10.12

Thanks!

Jim

DocFox
Sibelius Version: 7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by DocFox » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:18 pm

Three weeks and not a response :cry:

Oh well, I guess there is no plugin for such things. Amen to me is not C F/C G F. It has always been I IV
64.jpg
64.jpg (1.42 KiB) Viewed 4253 times
V I. Oh well, I guess I will make it a suggestion.

Jim

bobp

Post by bobp » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:42 pm

Page 434 in your manual.

Or right click a blank spot in the score, then Text/ Other Staff Text/ Roman Numerals. Then select where they start, and enter like lyrics.
Bob Porter
Sibelius 7.5, W10,i5,16 GB ram,desktop