SIBELIUS 7.5 AND AVID VIRTUAL INSTRUMENTS 10.0

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
damker
Sibelius Version: 7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by damker » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:58 pm

Hi there pals!
I've got the following problem:
I use Sibelius 7.5 and I was trying to export audio and video by means of the "Export" function in the file menu.
However, the program notified me that I "can't use this playback configuration audio because it does not contain any virtual instruments. Please choose another playback configuration above.
But, there is only one configuration in the drop down menu, namely General MIDI (basic).
So I thought I should look for virtual instruments for Sibelius 7.5. and I downloaded the "Avid Virtual Instruments 10.0 Installer". Then I installed the program and I got an " Avid Virtual Instruments " in the Avid directory where the Sibelius 7.5 program coexists. When I tried to see if the "Export" function was operable now, it wasn't.
Therefore, my plea for help is this: can the newly downloaded program "Avid Virtual Instruments" be integrated in the Sibelius 7.5, so that I may be able to use the "Export audio/video" function? And how should I do that? I am a newbie here in the use of this application and things tend to be a bit tough for me.
Anticipated thanks to all.
Cheers.
D.
P.S.: Attaching relevant screen shots.
Attachments
Sibelius 7.5 problem.jpg
The problem described
Sibelius 7.5 problem.jpg (123.13 KiB) Viewed 4055 times
avid-dir.jpg
The two programs in the Avid directory
avid-dir.jpg (13.71 KiB) Viewed 4055 times
system.jpg
Info on my system.
system.jpg (94.76 KiB) Viewed 4055 times

bobp

Post by bobp » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:53 pm

As long as you have purchased Sibelius and are not using the demo version, you should be able to go to your account page. From there you will download Sibelius sounds. It is a 36 GB download, and will take a few hours. Avid virtual instruments is for something else, as far as I know.
Again, the demo can only use general midi, and even the paid version can't export GM.
Bob Porter
Sibelius 7.5, W10,i5,16 GB ram,desktop