EXPORTING VIDEO WITH AUDIO GLITCH IN SIBELIUS 7.5

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
damker
Sibelius Version: 7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by damker » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:12 am

Hi there!

Could anybody help with this?

I'm trying to export a score as video with audio. The program says initially that it is generating audio halfway along the progress bar and then it generates video. However, when I try to playback the video there is no sound at all.

Any ideas?

Thanks a million.

D.

damker

Post by damker » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:26 pm

Hi there, Pals!
Some news on the problem I initially posted.
The glitch actually had to do with the misplacement of the Sibelius sounds actually. The sounds directory had not been assigned correctly. However, after I solved that problem and was finally able to produce video, I discovered that after the program commenced the procedure of video production it initially loaded the sounds and produced the sound sequence. That functioned nicely, as I was able to listen to the sound as it was produced. However, when the sound was created and the program had to go on with the production of the video I received the error message that the video had failed. While using the method of trial and error, I set the program not to play repeats and lo! the video came out fine. However, the glitch here was that the playback green line was a bit slow and did not coincide with the note heard. As of that the usefulness of the video as a teaching feature is a bit compromised. So I've tried another method, I played the score, captured the screen with Camtasia and exported it as an mp4 file. After that I trimmed the video with Vegas 14, so only the score showed and it came out fine. I believe the tardiness of the green playback line is due to the fact that audio and video are produced separately and then when the program tries to put them together there is some technical oversight there and video and audio are not sychronised. Something which is sometimes observed on some tv news editions, where the video is either slower or faster than the sound.
If you have any insight, I'd be indebted if you enlighten me on these problems.
Cheers.
D.

bobp

Post by bobp » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:33 pm

Here are some observations.

1. " I discovered that after the program commenced the procedure of video production it initially loaded the sounds and produced the sound sequence. That functioned nicely, as I was able to listen to the sound as it was produced."
As per the manual, once the video production is started, audio (sounds are already "loaded") is produced directly to your hard drive, without going through the speakers. So the fact that you can hear it is troubling. You already figured out that repeats might mess up the process.

2. What are your computer specs? Do you have enough resources to run Sibelius well.
Bob Porter
Sibelius 7.5, W10,i5,16 GB ram,desktop

damker

Post by damker » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:49 am

Thanks for the response bobp.

Operating system and hardware as per attachments.

Thanks.

D.
Attachments
Operating System.jpg
Operating System.jpg (94.85 KiB) Viewed 7083 times
Hardware.jpg
Hardware.jpg (125.33 KiB) Viewed 7083 times

bobp

Post by bobp » Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:41 am

damker,
Thanks for the details. You seem to have enough ram, but I can't tell anything about the CPU. Dual core at a minimum is best. Drive E seems to be a recovery drive. Where is Sibelius installed? Sibelius and the sounds should be on the same drive. Mine are on a solid state drive. Which is awesome. As I said, you should not be able to hear your music rendering. I've forgotten what it means if you can, but it is a problem.
Some housekeeping sugestions. Turn your comuter off at night. If you don't turn it off because it takes a long time to start up, thats a problem that needs to be addressed. Use a registry cleaner and clean out temp files. If you are the only user of this computer, turn off UAC. It doesn't do much good anyway. Sometimes anti-virus can get in the way. Windows seems to work better it you let it control the size of the page-file.
I'm just throwing a bunch of stuff out there to see if anything helps.
Bob Porter

damker

Post by damker » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:16 am

Thanks bobp! Much obliged!
D.

damker

Post by damker » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:13 pm

Hi there guys!!
I've got some news on the problem... After a considerable adventure trying to find out why Sibelius does not export the video files, although it seems trying to do it, I've come to the conclusion that it's got some problem with 64bit systems. I'll tell you what happens and you decide...

I've noticed that when I installed Sibelius I've found it in both Program Files and Program Files (86).

When I start it from the Program Files folder it does not export video; but when I start it from the Program Files (86) folder it works like a charm.

Have in mind that we have to do with the same installation. It isn't that I had it installed in either folder and reinstalled in the other. The installation folders did not have any Avid material before.

However, there are two additional files in the Program Files installation: IssProc.dll and IssProcLanguage.ini.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your contributions.

I'm attaching a screen shot of the two folders.

Cheers.
D.
Attachments
sibelius64bitproblem.jpg
sibelius64bitproblem.jpg (193.03 KiB) Viewed 7040 times

bobp

Post by bobp » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:21 am

Yes. Sib 7.5 is both a 32 bit and 64 bit program.
You have a 64 bit system (I believe) so you should be running from the Program Files folder.

When you open the Program Files (x86) folder and then open Avid you should see three folders.
Avid License Control
Sibelius 7.5
Sibelius Sounds (this is the correct location for Sibelius sounds, 36 GBs)

Program Files should only have Sibelius 7.5 in The Avid folder.

Also, if you right click/Properties, the Sibelius desktop icon, you can see if it's starting from the correct folder.
Bob Porter

damker

Post by damker » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:05 am

Thanks for the response bobp.

Is it natural for the program to install in both folders? Program Files and Program Files (86x)? I was wondering. Besides the program prompts where to look for the sounds files if not found in the installation directory. I did not have such a problem. The program finds the sounds and loads them properly. I've finally straightened my problems with the video export.

There is one small problem though. The playback green line is some milliseconds or a second tardy as regards the sound played at any particular moment. That is you hear the note but the playback line is just behind the correct note. This does not happen when the program just plays back without exporting. The only way to get round the problem was to playback the score and use screen capture with sound via Movavia Screen Capture Studio 5, where I can have the headings of the score as well, as the Sibelius video exports the staves only.

Thanks again bobp.

Much obliged for the assistance.

Cheers.
D.

bobp

Post by bobp » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:43 pm

Yes, the program installs itself in both places.
Un-checking "Use score paper texture" made the playback line lag worse on my system. Otherwise it's really close.
Bob Porter