Sib 8 crashing on Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
greggo
Sibelius Version: 6
Operating System: Windows

Post by greggo » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:05 am

Ever since I upgraded to Sib 8.5.1 the program has been crashing every 7th or 8th time I use the Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V keyboard shortcuts for copy/paste. It's maddening particularly, as you can imagine, when I've forgotten to Save every 5 minutes. Oh, and has anyone else had the experience that the autosave simply doesn't work on Sib 8?

Thanks!

gregg

Win10, 8 GB RAM
AMD FX 6300 Six Core Processor
64 bit OS
gregg
Win10, 8 GB RAM
64 bit OS

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2

Post by andyg » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:24 pm

Autosaves in any programme are there as a crutch, but not to be relied upon. Ctrl-S is your best friend and if you're not using often enough, you should!

As for Ctrl-C and V, these are basic Windows commands, so I'd suspect that something else on your system is causing this, rather than it being a Sibelius issu per se. If it were a known issue, it would have come up on the official Sibelius forum before now, and I can't recall it doing so.

greggo

Post by greggo » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:09 pm

HI Andy;
Thanks for the reply.
'I'd suspect that something else on your system is causing this'
What, for instance? Do you mean something like an incompatibility with other applications that might be running?

gregg
gregg
Win10, 8 GB RAM
64 bit OS

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2

Post by andyg » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:56 pm

Yes, that could be it. Have you any other apps running that may have assigned Ctrl-C and V to something else. Or have you changed the hot key setting in Sibelius? An over-active or over zealous anti-virus app. Hard to diagnose these things at a distance as there are so many variables.

I assume you can copy and paste via the menu OK?

greggo

Post by greggo » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:04 am

>Have you any other apps running that may have assigned Ctrl-C and V to something else.
No, this happens when Sib is the only app running.

>Or have you changed the hot key setting in Sibelius?
Also not.

>An over-active or over zealous anti-virus app.
I have a difficult time judging the zealousness of my anti-virus, but I'll look for a way to ask it to relax.

>I assume you can copy and paste via the menu OK?
Hmmm, I'm assuming this as well. I'm more accustomed to using the key commands but I'll check to see if it still happens via the menu. At first I was under the impression it was a matter of keying too fast and perhaps pressing 'V' a millisecond or so before the 'Ctrl', but I've become very diligent about slowing down and pressing 'Ctrl' and even holding the bugger down before pressing 'V' and it still happens! Aaarrggh! as they say . . . .
gregg
Win10, 8 GB RAM
64 bit OS