Changing Printout of Score.

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
sus4

Post by sus4 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:32 pm

Is it possible to change the number of bars on each page when printing out a score? Right now each page prints out 10 to 13 bars on a page. It's very small and hard to read. If I could print out 4 to 6 bars on a page is would be easier to read. Just to be clear, I'm not talking about printing out the individual parts, I'm talking about printing out the entire score.
Thanks.

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2
Operating System: Windows

Post by andyg » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:31 pm

Are you saying that each line (or system, to give its correct name) is 13 bars wide? Or are you saying that there are 10 to 13 systems on a page?

Either way, you must have set the Staff Size very small at some point, or chosen a Manuscript Paper template that uses a small size. In 'Layout', try increasing the Staff Size. You may have to select the entire score and perform 'Unlock Layout' first.

sus4

Post by sus4 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:48 am

What I'm saying is when I go to Print > File and I see my entire score which has 17 staffs or systems going down the page, and 10 to 13 bars across the page. It is very small and hard to read when I print it out because there are too many bars across the page. So I have to keep the 17 staffs, which contains all the instruments in the score, but I would like to change the number of bars on the page to 6 or 8 across. This would make the score larger and easier to see and read when I print it out. I don't want to increase anything, I basically just want to eliminate the number of bars on the page from 13 to about 6 or 8.
I hope that explains it better.
Thanks.

KJ_Palmer
Sibelius Version: 6.2, 7.5

Post by KJ_Palmer » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:41 am

Well, you have to change the layout in your Sibelius score to reflect what gets printed. Try the above suggestions and see if that improves things. If you just want a version to print, save a copy of the the original .sib file with a different name before you start adjusting layouts.
Sibelius 6.2, 7.5.1, Windows 11

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2

Post by andyg » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:32 pm

Assuming you're printing on A4 paper, 17 systems that are 10-13 bars each are of course going to be very small indeed and hard to read. As I said, you must have chosen that staff size, or used a manuscript paper that used a small staff size - or perhaps this score started life as a score from a different app, or a MIDI file. Sounds like Sibelius is 'following orders' rather than being allowed to do what it naturally does.

First, unlock the format and see if Sibelius flows things better. Then increase the staff size and see what happens. Then, if necessary, use manual system and page breaks to get the result you desire.

But do work from a copy of the file, so you always have an original to restart from if things don't work out right.

sus4

Post by sus4 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:57 am

I don't remember if I chose that staff size or not and I didn't start from a different App or MIDI. Anyway, I was looking at the Big Band Template and it definitely looks different than what I'm using. I was messing with it to see if I can use it. I was changing the font on the title and names of the instruments to Inkpen2 Script Std. but when I tried to change the font on the clef signs Sibelius wouldn't allow me to do it. Is there a way of changing the font of the clefs to Inkpen2 Script Std.? This may solve my problem. I'll try copying the score from the other manuscript and paste it to the Big Band Template and see what happens.
Thanks.