help me

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
petertohen
Sibelius Version: 2.0
Operating System: Windows

Post by petertohen » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:21 am

I am trying to create a piece for the organ. The piece starts by introducing the theme in a single stave for 8 bars (at the end of this I want a finished barline). From then on I want the instrument to turn to organ (Manuals and Pedals) and delete the previous single stave, however, I cant find a way to do this. I've seen it many of times out in published copies!
https://global.oup.com/academic/product ... vn&lang=en&

bobp

Post by bobp » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:01 pm

I think I was with you up until you said "delete the previous single staff".

However, if you write out the first line with all manuals, and the theme on the top staff, then select the empty manuals, and then yo can "hide" them.

Example. I have a piano piece. I selected the bass clef line of the top system. I deleted the music from the selected measures. Then from the LAYOUT tab, selected "Hide empty staves". Treble clef line was all that was left of the top system.

Easier to do than explaine.
Bob Porter
Sibelius 7.5, W10,i5,16 GB ram,desktop

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by MikeLyons » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:17 am

Whenever you create a score, you need to start with all the staves you will need throughout the piece. Then, when you have finished writing it, hide any staves that are empty as Bob says. Sibelius does not allow you to add staves/instruments mid-piece.
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2023.6, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 3.3.2, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk