Transferring Sibelius to new computer?

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
laurence
Sibelius Version: 5
Operating System: Windows

Post by laurence » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:02 pm

Hallo! This sounds really stupid, as I've been using sibelius since 1999! But I have got a new laptop, and I simply can't work out how to transfer sibelius to it. I had the old laptop for so long I can't remember how I did it last time! Do I need to use the original CD to install it (which I still have) or can I just transfer the programme direct? If I use the old CD, how do I get back to the updated version (6) that I have been using? I'd be so grateful if someone could just give me some simple instructions as I really want to get composing again. Thanks!

bobp

Post by bobp » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:10 pm

You should be able to download your current version from your Avid account page. If you can't remember how to get to your account, you can contact Avid support. There are probably knowledge base articles covering this, also.

But in general you can download your version to a flash drive. In Sibelius (not sure of location in 6) File/help, might show a place to deactivate Sibelius. If you don't plan to use Sibelius on the old computer, you should deactivate it before using it on the new computer. That page should also show your activation code. Copy that down. Install Sibelius on the new computer. Use the code you copied down to activate the new installation.
Bob Porter
Sibelius 7.5, W10,i5,16 GB ram,desktop

laurence
Sibelius Version: 5
Operating System: Windows

Post by laurence » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:46 pm

Great, thanks - I'll try that!