Sibelius Running Extremely Slow

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
sus4

Post by sus4 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:15 pm

I thought it was because of other Sibelius windows being open and also having Logic Pro X open, but that isn't it. I closed the other Sibelius windows and also Logic Pro X and it's still running extremely slow. I could highlight a note on the staff that I may want to change and it could take up to 6 seconds before it gets highlighted. I've been thinking of upgrading to Sibelius 8, thinking that the newer version would run normal or faster. Anyone have any suggestions about all this? My Mac has 16 gb's of ram which is the maximum so I don't think it's the ram. Thanks.

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by MikeLyons » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:27 pm

If you are running Sibelius with the inspector open, that will slow down. Also, try restarting your machine which also sometimes clears up these issues. As you are running on a Mac, I assume you haven't done a full shut down in some time.
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2023.6, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 3.3.2, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk