Exporting issue

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
sjones
Sibelius Version: 2023.6
Operating System: Mac

Post by sjones » Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:47 pm

I am trying to export this file as a full score and individual parts for all instruments in one file and currently, it is only allowing two of the percussion parts to be exported. I do not know if it is a formatting issue or what is happening. I have attached a file for reference.
Attachments
Elements Pt 3 (Water) - New version.sib.zip
(111.06 KiB) Downloaded 80 times

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by MikeLyons » Mon Sep 18, 2023 4:15 pm

This should be really simple.

Check that your file-->export-->pdf screen looks similar to mine.
export pdf.png
export pdf.png (59.57 KiB) Viewed 2581 times
Make sure you haven't altered the box with filename %f - %p.pdf. I find it's much simpler to do any renaming afterwards.
[EDIT]

OK. Just checked your file. There are only two (percussion) parts. If you are using the file I sent you back, then it's my fault. I deleted all the parts in my efforts to solve your previous problem. I should, perhaps, have mentioned it. It never occurred to me that you would use my file instead of your original.
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2024.3.1, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 4, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by MikeLyons » Mon Sep 18, 2023 4:27 pm

Dynamic parts,( to answer your question in the Official forum) are called that because they automatically update when you change the score or update the score when you make certain changes in the part. To see the parts press w. Pressing w will open each part into a new window in turn, showing them as tabs along the bottom of the ribbon. Once you have reached the last part, pressing w will go back to the (already open) score and start to cycle through the parts. using [shift] will cycle in the reverse order.

As dynamic parts are an essential part of working with Sibelius, it might be an idea to read about them in the manual. If you click the ? at the top right of the sibelius window or press F1, this will bring up the fully searchable manual. Chapter 9 deals with parts and will give you all the information - and more - that you could ever possibly need.
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2024.3.1, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 4, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk