Set repeat behavior for lines

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
thomaskresge
Sibelius Version: 2023
Operating System: Mac

Post by thomaskresge » Mon Oct 02, 2023 5:26 pm

Is there a way to sit the system object repeat behavior for lines, similar to how you can with text styles?

I have system object positions set to a couple staves, and have the tempo text style set to NOT repeat on any of those, but is there a way to apply this to lines to so that rit and accel lines do not repeat? I know you can just click and delete the repeated ones, but this is of course a tedious process. Thanks for the help.

KJ_Palmer
Sibelius Version: 6.2, 7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by KJ_Palmer » Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:54 pm

Maybe unclick Play on Pass for the repeats in the Inspector (Ctrl Shift I) for these bars. Not quite sure I understand though...
Sibelius 6.2, 7.5.1, Windows 11

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by MikeLyons » Tue Oct 03, 2023 4:25 pm

AFAIK, this should happen automatically. We are talking SYSTEM lines here, aren't we? Rall, Rit, repeat bars (1st/2nd time) etc. You can't do it for things like cresc/dim which are staff lines.
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2024.3.1, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 4, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk

thomaskresge
Sibelius Version: 2023
Operating System: Mac

Post by thomaskresge » Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:46 pm

Yeah, we're talking system lines.

To be more clear: notice the image below.

https://capture.dropbox.com/O5VInxTofaKEgLa3

From the "System Object Positions" menu, I have four staves selected:

Flute
Horn in F 1
Timpani
Violin I

The time signatures are set to appear on every System Object Position, as they correctly do here. The tempo text (displayed as Q = 100), is set to display on only the first and fourth positions (in this case Flute and Violin I). These settings are set in Edit Text Styles > Vertical Posn tab.

The "rit. ....." system line, however, appears on all four system object positions; the default behavior for system lines is for them to appear on every system object staff, so this is behaving "correctly". However, just like the Tempo text, I want these system lines to only appear on positions 1 and 4. As far as I have looked, I can't find a way to set it to only appear automatically on some but not all system object positions. I can manually select the second and third rit. lines and delete them, so there is a solution to removing the extra ones, but maybe someone here knows of a way to edit this default behavior of which staves the system lines appear on.