Rhythmic alignment in empty bars

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
RVSLee
Sibelius Version: 2019.4
Operating System: Windows

Post by RVSLee » Tue Oct 10, 2023 1:03 pm

Dumb question of the day...
What is the fastest way to align objects (such as stage directions) to specific rhythmic points, when the bar in which it is anchored is empty?
Thanks!!

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5

Post by MikeLyons » Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:27 pm

In the score (not in the part) drag the text object along the bar. The attachment point will move by the currently chosen division (quaver/8th is default, I think) to make it clearer, change the bar rest temporarily into whatever division you need and use those rests to set up the position. When you replace those rests with a whole bar rest (keypad 2 '0') the text items should stay in their attached positions.
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2024.3.1, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 4, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk

RVSLee
Sibelius Version: 2019.4

Post by RVSLee » Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:44 pm

Mike -
Thanks for the reply. I was afraid that a purely visual orientation was the way things would go. I was hoping for a (basically inspector) data entry point not just for the alignment offset, but for the rhythmic alignment point itself. I have tried entering specific rests so there would be a rhythmic object to which the text (or whatever) can be attached, but replacing those rests with an 'empty measure whole rest' also erases everything attached to them. (Or am I doing something wrong there?) And that wasn't particularly efficient from an engraving perspective.
Anyway, thanks again!
RVSL