No arpeggio end points

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
RVSLee
Sibelius Version: 2019.4
Operating System: Windows

Post by RVSLee » Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:57 pm

Completely at a loss for what I might have done, but the top and bottom endpoints have disappeared from all arpeggio lines, and of course that means the line can't be extended via dragging. The recent 'keypad 5' arpeggios appear correctly (at least per defaults), but the lack of endpoints means I can't drag a single arpeggio across a grand staff.
Further, highlighting a 'keypad 5' arpeggio brings up no inspector info about the line, the tab heading still referring to 'edit chord'. So, while independently entered legacy arpeggios initially appear as an arrow with no emerging line, I can use inspector entries to lengthen/contract them. But, I can't do that with the newer automatically placed ones.
FWIW, this does not seem to affect vertical brackets.
I'm sure I accidentally did something, and any help much appreciated!

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5

Post by MikeLyons » Fri Oct 13, 2023 7:55 am

A problem like this can occur for many reasons, but the most common are 1. Putting a new character in the symbol table on position 1 (leave empty) or 2. corruption in a template used to create a score.
Quick fix - import just the character affecting items from a different house style. As long as you haven't tampered with them, this should correct the issue. Make sure you are viewing a score and not a part when you do this.
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2024.3.1, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 4, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk

RVSLee
Sibelius Version: 2019.4

Post by RVSLee » Fri Oct 13, 2023 1:14 pm

Mike -
You had it right! I had accidentally left some input in the Symbol 1 slot, and emptying that slot solved everything. I'm a little curious what the structural relationship is that causes the change in how Sib presents arpeggios, but at least I know how to be more careful.
Thanks as always!

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5

Post by MikeLyons » Fri Oct 13, 2023 8:10 pm

Happy to help.
Yes. It's an odd one, isn't it. The best person to ask is probably Justin Tokke if you want to know all the technical ins and outs. He does a lot of help on the FB pages. He's an Avid staffer.
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2024.3.1, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 4, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk