Enharmonic Transposing Score Gb Major

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
DrachenNichtBinar
Sibelius Version: 8
Operating System: Windows

Post by DrachenNichtBinar » Sat Oct 14, 2023 2:55 am

Hi all,

A friend transposed a piece a while ago for alto sax in Gb major (transposed) and I want to change it to tenor sax.
I put it through photoscore, that was no problem.
The piece when put into sibelius is of course in A major concert pitch, but when I hit transposing score it goes into F# major instead o Gb major. I have done loads of research on ways to change this and nothing is working. Does anyone have any ideas on how to enharmonically change the transposed alto sax part into Gb major from F# major?

Another thing is I cant just leave it as is and put it into another file for tenor because from photoscore all the accidentals are for Gb major so it sounds absolutely horrendous with the F# major key signature, and that follows through into the tenor part.

Thanks for your help

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by MikeLyons » Sat Oct 14, 2023 7:47 am

Create a new saxophone instrument in a#. (Instead of Bb). This should sort the key change.
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2024.3.1, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 4, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk