Swap arrangement in chords of seconds

Discuss general Sibelius issues here. Get help with Sibelius and Sibelius Support.
dircules

Post by dircules » Tue Jan 02, 2024 5:18 pm

You see part of a cello score with double-stops. On the third eighth there is a second, the arrow to the right of it indicates that the finger on the lower note has to be stretched upwards (it is the lower note, but the higher position on the fingerboard).

I'd like to have the arrow directly right to the affected note, in other words, Sibelius should paint the higher note of the second first, then the lower note to the right of the stem. Is there a way to make Sibelius behave like that? I tried to create a second voice for this note, but that just produces two stems, or other abominations. Thanks for your ideas.

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by MikeLyons » Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:22 pm

There is no image attached. Images here must be less than 1MB in size.
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2024.3.1, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 4, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk

dircules

Post by dircules » Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:48 am

MikeLyons wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:22 pm
There is no image attached. Images here must be less than 1MB in size.
Thanks for the hint, but I can't reproduce the problem. Size is 7K; I can see the pic even after erasing cookies/cache, and restarting the browser :?
Edit: Ohwell, maybe I can now... just tried to read it in that sick MS Edge browser, don't ask me why, but there it doesn't show up for me neither. Rightclick on the image, "Copy Link", and open it in a new tab. Even better: Chuck out that Microsoft shit in the dump where it belongs to, and use a more serious browser like Firefox, Opera, PaleMoon, or any else - everything is better than Edge.

MikeLyons
Sibelius Version: Ult. 2024.3.1/7.5
Operating System: Windows

Post by MikeLyons » Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:31 am

Well, I don't use edge. I agree, it's awful.

It wasn't showing in firefox, but it is now showing on my phone!
Unfortunately, I can't use sib on my android phone.
Unfortunately, I can't think of any way to overturn sibelius' note positioning rules. The only things that came close to success were to pur both notes into voice 3 (not 2) or to fake the c with a stemless (and silent) note in voice 2, hiding the real note.
It's messy, I know.
Sib 6.2, 7.5 and 2024.3.1, Windows 11, 32GB RAM, 16TB 7200RPM Storage, 2TB SSD, Note Performer 4, EWQLSO, EWQLSC, Harmony Assistant and some others. mike@mike-lyons.co.uk

dircules

Post by dircules » Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:19 pm

Thanks a lot for the suggestion! Since I don't come across that problem very often I can afford a rather costly solution I can live with:
  1. Put higher note (the one without relation to the arrow right from it) into voice 3
  2. Make higher note stemless
  3. In inspector, move higher note 1.3 spaces to left
  4. Erase the rests in voice 3
  5. Adjust accidental
As for the missing image, it could be also a "security" issue, because I uploaded it to my webspace which might be considered dangerous by your browser :shock: