Sibelius 7 not entering or playing keyboard entry correctly

Discussion of playback and midi issues go here.
wdex5

Post by wdex5 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:36 pm

I have input, with my Motif ES and my Novation 61 SL MKII, into Sibelius 7 and what I play is not being entered correctly in Sibelius. Only part of what I write is there. None of the little fills and things show up. I have looked at various settings in Sibelius and set them to where it looks like they should work, but they don't. It almost looks like it only enters the notes that don't overlap. What happened to the other voices that it used to add when entering?

Dave

bobp

Post by bobp » Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:19 am

I have heard that it helps to make sure that Sibelius is updated a to 7.1.3, and that you have the latest drivers for your keyboards.
Bob Porter
Sibelius 7.5, W10,i5,16 GB ram,desktop

OrganPaul

Post by OrganPaul » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:58 pm

I have Yamaha DGX 230 and have downloaded correct drivers. It works well and all is ok except that when I play some notes on the keyboard and record to a simple piano score, the bars always start with a quaver rest...thus putting all the other notes out of sync.
As an example I use Haydn's surprise Symphony opening theme (in C) as crotchets: CC EE GG then minim G: crotchets FF DD BB minim G.
It comes out: quaver rest then the notes all tied and jumbled. each successive bar starts with the rest.

Is anyone able to help? it seems so simple yet.....????

andyg
Sibelius Version: 7.1.3 and 6.2
Operating System: Windows

Post by andyg » Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:24 pm

Google 'Taming the Flexitime Beast' and you should find a lot of answers in that article. It was written by Daniel Spreadbury, who was one of the developers of Sibelius, so he should know!